Thursday, March 5, 2009

Why must we blog?

This semester I am required to blog for two of my classes and my question is, why? Blogging is not cool and it's kind of a waste of time. Why do I have to spend unnecessary time on the computer making up some bogus blog just to get my assignment done for class? It isn't productive and half of the time it doesn't even relate to my class! Blogging is not improving my educational experience and I am not learning anything new. My professors say a blog is creating an online footprint and when I apply for jobs it may give me an advantage. Honestly, I don't like how everything is online and digital. An employer should call me in their office to get to know me, meet me and honestly see who I am. I can post anything I want online and who knows if I make myself much cooler and more qualified online.

No comments:

Post a Comment