Sunday, April 3, 2011

General Conference

General Conference weekend is such a great time to look at my life and see where and how I can improve. It is a time to get back on track spiritually and recenter my focus on my Savior Jesus Christ. But the gospel of Jesus Christ is so much more than spiritual. The advice and guidance from the prophets and leaders of the church are also to protect me from the ways of the world. A couple things I want to work on from this conference are:

1. What are my desires? I want to think of the desires of my heart for all aspects of my life and keep them in line with the Lord's plan and also what will make me and my future family happy.
2. Tithing - I want to pay tithing the day I get paid instead of a week later, sometimes two weeks later. This will help me balance my budget and be more responsible.
3. Build my testimony daily - it is easy to let one day go by before realizing it has been a week before I read my scriptures last or have really put in time drawing closer to my Father in Heaven.
4. Serve those around me daily.

General Conference is also great time to be with family. I haven't been home for quite a while and it has been nice to be here with everybody. We have been playing games, watching sports, listening to conference and laughing... a lot! Yesterday was Isaac's 25th birthday. He truly is the best brother I could ever ask for. It was fun celebrating him and spending time as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment