Thursday, February 12, 2009

College Life

Being a freshman in college is nerve racking, uncomfortable and different. You never know where to go, what to do or who to talk to. You kind of miss your parents but don't ever want to admit it because you are supposed to be this cool college kid who is on their own and independent.


As the college years come and go there is so much to be learned about life, yourself and others. College is the greatest phase in life because it's where you become yourself. You aren't living under your parents influence as much. You take what they have taught you and then decide what to to do with the knowledge given. Big decisions are made like what am I going to do for the rest of my life? Who am I going to marry? What kind of friends am I going to associate with?


I love college and the friends I have made, the memories I have created and the direction I have chosen for myself. I have branched out to so many new people and experiences and I have found new talents. I have created new dreams and ideals for life and I have learned out to stand on my own two feet with nobody else there to hold me up.


Take a risk! Be yourself! Do something different! Make new friends! Complete your bucket list! Try new foods! Experience a new culture! Step out of your comfort zone! Express yourself! Work hard so you can play harder!

No comments:

Post a Comment