Thursday, February 12, 2009

Facebook "Friends"!

I have my friends and I have my true friends. If you are my friend that means I have met you in person and we have shared a moment together while being in the same room at the same time. A true friend is somebody that I care enough about and that I am close enough to that I will add them to be my Facebook friends list. Not everybody will make the cut because I don't want everybody who ever knew me to be able to "Facebook stalk" me.

For those of you who don't know, Facebook Stalking is popular and everybody does it one point or another. It is when you go to ones Facebook page and you see what they are up to in life based on their photos, wall posts, personal information, etc.

I don't think having hundreds of friends on Facebook says how 'popular' or cool somebody is. If you do have hundreds of friends do you honestly know ALL of them? Have you had personal contact with ALL of them at some point or another in your life? Most of the time the answer to this question is no, not ALL of them. So in my opinion, why have "friends" that aren't really your friends?

Facebook is not a way to mark or display your social status in life, and it's not a contest to see who can have more friends than somebody else. Facebook can be a useful tool to stay in contact with friends and loved ones who you don't have the chance to see or talk to very often. It is fun to see what your friends did over the weekend or to see how cute their new boyfriend is! I enjoy Facebook and I check it often, but I won't add somebody just because I know of you, but only if I really know you!

No comments:

Post a Comment