Bare feet run across the hardwood floor
two more pairs quickly follow!
Carefree laughter and a hurried rustle
fill the quiet kitchen.
Out the front door with shoes on
running, jumping, playing...
What I would do to go back to the years when nothing mattered and joy was found in every little thing in life! Everybody was a friend and age didn't matter! Unmatched outfits and dirty hands were always in fashion! Playing outside until the sunset was all that I had on my agenda and pajamas were the most relaxing thing on the planet!
Today, I spent my afternoon and eventing with six children whom I love so much. As I sat their and watched them interact with and entertain each other I thought back to how great those days were and how fast they went. Although, getting older is fun and adventurous I can never forget those great carefree years.
Friday, May 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment